Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Helsinki INT show

Hello everyone!

Had a really nice weekend.. Sunny and the other day awfully rainy! It was Helsinki INT show (:

I started the weekend on sunny and HOT Saturday by helping out Pauliina Artiola with her irish setters. They were judged by Mrs. Erja Nummi from Finland. My job was to show an open bitch, Original Nothin Compares To U "Ines". I'd shown setters only once before so I was kinda nervous actually. They're not the easiest breed to show! Anyway, I survived, "Ines" was a nice showing lady and I had great contact with her. Sometimes it's just so nice to show "easy" dogs. "Ines" got EXC and in the class competition she placed as 3rd and didn't get CQ. The judge told it was something about her blades. The other Original-dogs got great results, BOB and so on. I helped in the breeders class too, showing Ines. There were two setter breeder groups, we got BOB-BREEDER.

Happy dogs moving

I was meant to show a west highland terrier, but the timetables didn't match.. So, it was time for "Dani" the english pointer. We've trained a lot since he was young, now he's almost 2 years old and has developed a lot, in the body and in showing too. We trained a little before the ring and I was so surprised he went so great! Really, he just stood there like a statue and ran really beautifully! I was very, very happy!

Dani and his wonderful movement

We went into the ring, the same as the setters', the judge was still Mrs. Erja Nummi. Dani was in good mood as he was tired thanks to the hot weather :D Some dogs just tend to have a little too much energy normally..
He showed like an angel and I couldn't have been happier. The judge liked him too - Dani got everything, CAC CACIB and BOB! Couldn't have gone better, I was a happy handler :)

After this I decided to have a look at the junior handling-ring where my friends competed. I wasn't allowed to compete due to my qualification competition-win in Tampere earlier this year. This plan failed as my friend Tiia came and told me to help her at the border terrier-ring. I showed a beautiful young male in the BM-competition. "USA" had got EXC/2 and CQ, now he placed "5th" (we place only 4 in Finland) and got RES-CAC out of many males!

Dani going BOB and shortlisted in the group!

Now it was time for the finals. I ran into the ring with "Dani" and he put a real show-mode on! I was so amazed.. He ran so fast with his head up like he was saying "I'm the best, look at me!". And surely the judge looked at him as she pointed "Dani" to her shortlist!! Weehoo! I was really happy. Now the judge wanted to see her shortlisted ones' up-and-down movement and the she told the placements. Dani didn't get a placement but I was so happy he showed himself so well and got shortlisted!

I ran to the breeders pre-judging, where the setters waited. The BIS-BREEDER was judged by Mrs. Leni Finne from Finland. In the main ring we got shortlisted, did an up-and-down together and at the end got 4th place! Awesome! Thanks for letting me be a part of your beautiful setter-group! :)

kennel Original BIS-4 BREEDER

The sunny day ended there, but still there was the next day.. a not-so-sunny day :D Rain pouring down the whole day and +14!


♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment