Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Helsinki INT show part II

Hey!

Yeah I'm really bad at this! Last post posted for 2 weeks ago.. Sorry but I'm working at the moment and running in dogshows throughout the country :p

So: Aptus INT show at Helsinki on Sunday 17th June. What a rainy day! Really horrible weather, rain pouring down ALL day! It was really "raining cats and dogs". At the end people looked really nice all wet.. me included. BUT we're dog people, and dog people prominently don't mind the weather ;) I lost my contact  lenses in the morning so I had to put on my glasses and I wasn't that pleased! It wasn't the best thing to wear in rain...

I had only junior handling this day. Yesterday I had thought about which dog to compete with and the kind people of Team Original helped me! I got the chance to compete with a really lovely irish setter, the same as I showed the day before in the breed ring, "Ines".

First up was our District Championship. The ones who are allowed to compete are all juniors from Helsinki and suburbs outside. We were 20 juniors competing in this competition. Our judge today was ex-junior handler Hanna Lemmetti. I did a great performance together with "Ines" despite the weather. The judge picked some juniors to her shortlist and we switched dogs. I got a hairless peruvian dog. I've got this breed once before when we've swapped dogs, it was a "big version" though. The dog (can't remember the name, I never do...:p) was a bit after her mommy so I had to work extra hard with it. I survived okay!

Apparently the judge thought so too, and she picked us to her top-3! In our District Championship we place only 3, otherwise 5. The final was judged at the main ring in the afternoon.

A cavalier kingcharles spaniel as a swapdog

So it was time for the younger group where lovely Ellen competed with my love "Nelli"
♥. Nelli isn't the easiest dog to show because of her movement, you really have to keep eye on the feet. This was Nelli's 2nd time in JH with someone else, the first time was about 4 years ago.. She used to be after me a lot, but now she showed great! Ellen did a great job with her and the judge thought so too as they went 1st! In the rain they both looked awesome, thanks Ellen for competing with "Nelli"! Ellen is only 13 years old and really experienced already. She's really a hope for the future as she's already so great! I'm really proud of both of you.

A glad pair 1st in junior handling!
A bit dryer pic.. Ellen with Nelli res. BIS-JH!

After the young group us "old ones" were competing. There where 26 juniors entered in the older group. I was competing this competition too with "Ines". Poor dog had to stand in the rain.. She did a great job and our performance went really good again. The judge picked us again to her shortlist and we swapped dogs. I got a little cavalier kingcharles spaniel. This dog too was a bit after her mommy.. We managed though and her owner came to say to me that the dog hasn't ever showed that good with anyone strange. So I was really pleased :)

a very wet pair 4th in JH!

The judge said thank you to some more juniors and we were still there. We did a up-and-down in pairs. The judge was ready to place us. The pointed me out to the 4th place! I was really glad, this was my first time competing with a setter! It went so good that I started to think about competing with a setter in the Finnish Championship in December.. Do you think it's a bad idea?

2nd in the District Championship
Through the whole competition we thronged ourselves in Elina's tent which thank god was there! We all were soaking wet.. not so nice! We got some very "stylish" clothes to wear but DRY! A real rescue. Thanks Harjanne family..!

Well, the day wasn't over yet! Ellen was competing in the BIS-JH final, she went RES. BIS-JUNIOR HANDLER. I'm really proud of my girls ♥ The District Championship had to be finished. My setter had to go home before the afternoon so I got permission to switch my dog. I asked Janette from Aziz salukis if they could lend a dog, and yes they could! I competed the final with a lovely saluki Aziz Jalila "Lilla".

2nd in the District Championship
We all three got scottish terriers as swapdogs, as the judge had competed with this breed in her former junior handling-career. Scottish terriers are known for their stubborn character. The one I got was okay, and we did a nice performance :) We placed as 2nd and my friend, Nea Harjanne won with her golden retriever! Congrats dear ♥ This was my last Disctrict Championship. I got the chance to compete 6 years in this competition, 6 competitons. I was 5 times 2nd and last year I won :D

A scottish terrier a swapdog
Nina asked me to help out in her breeder group, and of course I helped! I showed a little beauty beardie "Maija". Unfortunately our group didn't get a placement today in the finals.

kennel Memorylane's breeders group

I was already heading home when Tiia Nyberg called me. She was on her way in the train to the show area, as she was in Kotka INT show earlier the day. Yesterday she had showed an english setter to win the group and she was supposed to show him in the BIS-final today. Unfortunately, because of the rain, the finals went really fast and she asked me to show the dog if she didn't make it in time. I of course said yes, I was really honoured to help. The sad thing was, that Tiia didn't make it in time and I showed the english setter Warmahill's Funny-Funny ET "ET". I'd never touched this dog before but I did my best and hoped he looked great. He didn't get a placement in the BIS-final, but showed himself beautifully. A lovely tibetan spaniel Down-Goblin's Fernando won the BIS-final, really deserved! Congrats to his owner and handler!

in the BIS-final

After this very wet day we got a car to pick us up together with mum.. Really appreciated the car drive! When I came home I immediately ran into the sauna and stayed there to melt down my freezing body :D

What can I say, no matter the weather, it's ALWAYS fun in a dog show! You just have to spend your time with the right people and dogs :-) Thanks for the company all!

Soon I'll write about this weekend's show in Laukaa!

♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment