Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sickness and summer plans

Summer.. It's summer?? Too bad the weather doesn't show that - +15 and cloudy? Nice.

I want to have my normal dogshow summer.. with almost every weekend in one. But no, things change.

A part of this little break is Ninja. She was in a surgery on Thursday. I told earlier in this blog that she'd had some problems and we didn't know what. Well, she went on many visits and got many antibiotics cures. Still, they didn't know what it was. She got these odd states when she got fever for one day or so and was apathetic. After a lot of research they found out that she had a ovarian cyst..

She went to surgery on Thursday. There they found that she had pyometria too, which is really dangerous if it's not taken care of. So we decided to clean it all out. Unfortunately, she's now castrated and cannot have puppies. Well, it looks like it's always this way - the best dogs don't get out easy?

Ninja's pretty fed up with her life right now as you can see from her face..
The main point is now that she's going to be okay and healthy. So now she'll be out of shows for a while as the anti-doping rule in Finland says so - and for that matter she isn't in the condition to participate either.

The other thing then.. As I won the qualification competition for the Finnish Championship final in Tampere in May I'm not allowed to compete in any qualification competitions during the remaining year. I really shouldn't complain and don't understand me wrong BUT I wan't to compete as it's my last year as a junior handler :D Now I have to travel hundreds of kilometers for one junior handling competition as Ninja isn't participating either.. So PLEASE offer me to show your dogs so I have a good reason to travel so far! :D

My dogshow calendar looks like this for the remaining year:

16.-17.6. HELSINKI INT
30.6.-1.7. LAUKAA NAT
7.-8.7. KARJAA INT No junior handling so If I get some dogs to handle..
7.-8.7. KOKKOLA INT If I get some dogs to handle..
14.-15.7. FORSSA NAT
14.-15.7. OULU INT If I get some dogs to handle..
21.-22.7. MÄNTSÄLÄ NAT ?
28.-29.7. MIKKELI INT
3.8. KUOPIO INT
4.8. KUOPIO INT
5.8. KUOPIO INT
11.-12.8. HELSINKI NAT
18.8. KOUVOLA NAT
19.8. HEINOLA NAT
25.-26.8. TERVAKOSKI INT ?
1.-2.9. HELSINKI NAT
8.-9.9. PORVOO NAT
5.-7.10 BUCHAREST, ROMANIA, 
EW-12 ?
20.-21.10. TURKU INT
27.-28.10. SEINÄJOKI INT
4.11. HERNING, DENMARK, 
NORDW-12  
10.-11.11. JYVÄSKYLÄ INT
8.12. HELSINKI INT, HeW-12
9.12. HELSINKI INT, FIW-12
15-16.12. STOCKHOLM INT, SWEDEN, SWEW-12 ?


Okay, it's not that empty when I look now but blaah, I don't have a dog to show in the breedrings at least for now :( Maybe we could enter Nelli somewhere.. she'd like to show herself, she loves it! Next weekend Nelli's going to have a blast - Ellen is competing with her in the junior handling! Whoopee I hope it goes well, Nelli hasn't been competing with anyone else ever..

♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment