Friday, June 1, 2012

WDS 2012 part III

The last day then - final day!

Today it was just about the junior handling qualification round and the World Championship Final.
I competed with the same dog as yesterday - "Trean" the pharaoh. The judge of today was Mrs. Elfriede Heidecker. I decided to do it 100% with the Austrian rules today.. And it was a great choice - I was picked again to the top 6! Sanni didn't compete at all today, as she qualified yesterday. Nea competed with a beautiful borzoi I've once competed with. They did a lovely performance and the judge said after their performance "Great performance, just run a bit faster in the group judging". This she did but did not make it unfortunately :(

The pre-judging for the representatives was in action. Unfortunately I had time only to watch the first group out of 7 or something.. I had to run to the main ring for our qualification final! We did some figures in the main ring, and everything went really great. The judge liked us so she picked us to her top-3! Awesome! I was now qualified for the World Championship Final 2012 which was actually in action at the other side of the hall. So guess what? I was on the run again together with the two other qualified.

at the final with "Trean"

We had to do our individual performance as quick as possible. The final judge was Mrs. Barbka Novak. She had decided today to be all about technique performance.. She changed her place many, many times when doing a figure. I managed to do a great performance anyhow I was a bit unsure about her judging..

At the end of the day we did a quick turn in the main ring, all ~40 representatives and 9 qualified juniors. The judge picked right away her top-6 and my friend Sanna Martikainen was there ♥ Congrats, once again!
Unfortunately she wasn't among the three placed. 3rd in the World Championship was Lena Unger from Germany with her english pointer, well deserved! 2nd was Tereza Šubertová from Slovakia with a happy performance together with her soft coated wheaten terrier. The winner 2012 was Stanislav Petrov from Bulgaria.

 I'm so glad I qualified, now I've been competing in the final 4 times and one time I almost made it, qualified one day, but didn't make it from the semi-final. This was also my last World Championship as a junior handler - next year I will be just one person more in the audience :( Fortunately, it's not only about the junior handling, there will be the World Winner show every year, I just have to get some dogs to show :)

friends at the JH-gala on Saturday
© Birgit Primig

It was such a show! Met so many great friends from all over the world - that's why I love these World Winner shows, everyone's there! Thank you all and special thanks to Helena Håkansson from Sweden and Elena Popova from Ukraine for trusting your beautiful dogs to me ♥

Nea and Sanni - you already know it was one hell of a trip ;)

Thanks for the lovely long weekend and see you all hopefully at the European Winner in Bucharest!

♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment