Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Laukaa NAT show

Heyy!

Pheeuf! I've had two weekends now with adventures to dogshows! Really adventures :D I will write now about Laukaa NAT show 30.6-1.7. I was traveling with Sanni and we had a really fun trip staying with my 92-year old grandma who lived 3 kilometers away.. I caught two birds with one stone visiting her at the same time :) Laukaa is situated about 300 km away from Helsinki so we took the train on Friday afternoon there.

havanese Bellezza's Black Diamond "Musta" 

On Saturday we didn't have any junior handling, only showing dogs. Or Sanni was taking a calm tourist day being my photographer yeyy! :D The show area was amazing, very short grass and it was very clean. First I was showing havaneses under the respected Finnish judge Mr. Hans Lehtinen. My job was to show the little cutie Bellezza's Black Diamond "Musta". "Musta" is a nice junior male who I showed in the havanese speciality earlier this year when he was still a puppy. Now it was time for his first performance in the junior class! "Musta" was showing himself very well competing with one other male in this class. "Musta" got EXC and won his class, unfortunately without CQ because he needs time to develop. Nothing new when it comes to a junior male? :p Anyway, his critique was fine and I'm happy about his perfomance. "Musta" will do great in the future.

havanese Bellezza's Black Diamond "Musta"

I helped out also in the Best Male-competition showing Bellezza's White Diamond "Salsa". He did great job and won the males! Miia was showing him then in BOB and he went BOS :) Thanks again for letting me help out with your awesome havaneses!

Now we went chilling with our lovely friends Tuija and Jari in their showtent. Thank you for always taking care ♥

I had been taken contact from a dachshound owner who wanted me to show her wire haired kaninchen dachshound Tuptusia Brzdac "Tuksu". "Tuksu" is a bit stubborn dachshound girl who does really now how to stand great but doesn't like to move.. So we trained and trained and sometimes she moved really well but in the ring she unfortunately didn't. She got Very Good with a really awesome critique, but where it was written "excellent movement but no drive" which is totally correct. She placed 2nd in her class behind the really nice bitch who took excellent. Our next performance will be in Forssa NAT show and hopefully she'll move a bit better :-) Thanks Johanna for trusting your girl in my hands!

kaninchen dachshound Tuptusia Brzdac "Tuksu"

After this my work was over for this day and we stayed until the finals and watched them and later went on pizza.. mmm :)

On Sunday my first dog to show was a super-cute almost white finnish lapphund which caught the judge's eye because of her color. She could easily be mixed with a samoyed puppy! It was his first time in a dog show so I took it easy and he ended up showing very well! Peikkovuoren Bocahontas "Väinö" got Excellent and placed as 2nd without CQ. The judge told she would want to have a bit more "lapphund-marking" in this dog, because now he had some samoyed features. But he'll mature and he will be a great lapphund in the future!

finnish lapphund Peikkovuoren Bocahontas "Väinö"
finnish lapphund Peikkovuoren Bocahontas "Väinö"

Next up was my lovely usual dog to handle, buhund Kimura's Dina "Dina". She's always performing very well, though we've had our problems sometimes when she wants to jump on me instead of standing still.. But today - no problems! She is a champion bitch and got Excellent winning her class with CQ. In the Best Bitch competition she placed 2nd after the same owner's veteran bitch :)

the Best Bitch competition in the buhund-ring
It was almost time for junior handling, but before that I showed a rhodesian rigdeback, which is a totally new breed for me. We had a male judge, and this rhodesian rigdeback had some problems with men... So when he came to judge him the dog didn't let him touch him. So.. Good this time for him. He did stand good though and ran beautifully too. I hope his owner gets his frightfulness for men away.

Then junior handling! I was competing with the loooovely soft coated wheaten terrier Venita's Fidelma "Martta". I just love this dog! Not the easiest one, has just enough challenge! We've trained a lot together and competed pretty many times too (: Thank you Jennamari for lending "Martta" for me! Love u! Our judge today was Mr. Jarmo Hilpinen. We did a great performance and "Martta" was just great. We swapped dogs once and I got a lovely lhasa apso girl "Maybelle". It went pretty good I think. The judge thought so too as he placed us with "Martta" as the winners in the older group! My friend, Sanni, who competed with "Maybelle" got 2nd place! Congrats honey ♥

Me and "Martta" playing while Sanni is brushing "Maybelle".
The one reason I love not to brush dogs in the ring :D So stressful :p
Swapdogs, me with a golden retriever

It was a very hot day and I thought the BIS-JH final would be with the other finals. I was already returning to "Martta" owners when I realized the final would be held right after our competiton.. So back in the game the same second! The winner of the younger group was Sara Jokela with a golden retriever. The judge wanted us to switch dogs and I got this golden which name was also "Martta" :D In the beginning she might have looked horrible because she didn't let me extend her rear legs more behind. But after a run around the ring I got her stacked the way I wanted and it went good. We got our own dogs back and took a lap of honour when the judge pointed at me and "Martta" to the winners! We won BIS-JH :) Yeey! Thank you judge Jarmo Hilpinen!

junior handling with "Martta"

I was asked to help out in the lapphunds' breeders group, but because of that we were totally reliant to the bus schedule we couldn't stay to the whole finals. So we watched the beginning and the headed for our bus. It took about 45 minutes and from there we ran to Hesburger (like Mc Donald's) to get some food. We had like 5 minutes until our train would leave so we really were in hurry! But we managed and jumped on the train glad about the weekend. On the train the there were a screaming child so we sat the whole 3,5 hours with our earplugs in our ears and talked via our chat on the phone.. lol :D

BIS-JH with "Martta" 

Thanks everyone involved for the weekend, especially Sanni of course ♥


♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment