Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kokkola - Karjaa trip

Summergreetings from Finland! I'm glad to say the weather forecast looks great for this week Finally!! Do they really call this summer?

I'm of course announcing myself now to the world's worst blog writer as I'm always two weeks late. And no, I don't have any excuses now. Well, enough with the daydreaming, I'll tell you about my trip first to Kokkola and then to Karjaa! I was entered on Sunday to Kokkola, but ended up being there on Saturday and then on Sunday went to Karjaa.. Why? Don't know! Like to pay 10 euros for fun.. Love ya mum ♥

Nina Brusin was the one who tempted me on this trip because she needed a handler for her lovely beardies. Of course I was going! We drove on Friday evening to Kokkola about 6 hours and took Saana with us from the middle of the trip.. This start on Friday was a "brilliant" idea, we stayed in Nina's show tent on the shjow area and slept on an up-blown madress which took 2 hours to fill.. awesome!! We got to bed about half past 2 in the morning and woke up at 4 thanks to some idiot (sorry if you're reading this!!) who was screaming to his dog "Come come!!! Get the ball!!". Who's taking their dogs out at 4 am? Gaah! Well, they for sure got our screams right back at them :p

The show area at night..:D

Anyway, we woke up in the morning and well, the face's of the others were pretty hilarious when they realized someone's actually slept in the tent.. :D It was for ONCE a sunny and warm day! And we for sure enjoyed it. So the bearded collies started. Our judge was Mr. Joe B. Purkhiser all the way from the USA! Exciting :) I was showing one of Nina's breedings, an open class male Memorylane Had To Be Ewe "Billy", he showed himself beautifully and got EXC. He ended up as 2nd in his class, unfortunately without CQ. In the BM-competition I showed Memorylane Show Me The Party "Diesel". He ended up as 2nd with a CACIB. Team Memorylane got all the prizes, BOB, BOS etc.. The breeder's class also got a really beautiful critique, Nina can be proud of her breeding! Mr. Purkhiser really liked her dogs and he seemed like a really kind judge.

Memorylane Got Some Mighty Magic "Nöpö"


After this I went to watch the kleinspitzes and one of my friends asked me to show her klein in the BOB-ring, if her both dogs won their sexes. And so they did. I went quickly to the ring with Ticapon Young Rebel "Hans". He ended up as BOS. Thanks for letting me help out :) I miss the klein-rings sooo much.. I'm glad to tell that Ninja will be back in the ring to the speciality in the end of August and then we'll take a trip to Sweden to a 3xCACIB-show ;) There she can finish her C.I.B-title, hopefully she'll do that! Her half year-break will end there...

I also went to the ring with a lovely champion class bitch finnish lapphund. She was showing really outstanding and got EXC. There were many champion class bitches and she ended up as 3rd! Unfortunately without CQ due to her hind movement. Thanks Taina for letting her in my hands!

Now it was time for a break and also a little time for tanning (at least trying to.. always ending up red as a crab). I had time to watch the junior handling qualification competition and my dear friend Sanna Martikainen one it and therefore the ticket to the Finnish Championship-final! Congrats honey ♥

"Rekku" in the finals

The finals were about to start and I was taking "Rekku" to the finals of FCI group 1. He ran and stood beautifully but that wasn't enough for the judge today, so no success. Later "Rekku" was 4th BIS-VETERAN shown by Nina under their breed judge.

"Rekku" in the finals


We also presented Nina's breeders class under Mrs. Murrel Purkhiser from the USA. He really liked our group and we ended up as RESERVE BIS-BREEDER! Congratulations Nina for your awesome results!! ♥

kennel Memorylane RES. BIS-BREEDER
The day was over for us and we started our 6-hour drive back almost to Helsinki. I stayed over at Nina's place and we drove in the morning to Karjaa. Only an 1 hour drive!

When we arrived we got the car close to the rings but there was a little problem - the ground was very unlevel. How would we drag the whole thing with crates, dogs and other stuff in it? Well. Ended up carrying everything separately - also the dogs! Believe it or not, beardies are lapdogs ;) Almost...

"Ukko" going BIG-3!

Bearded collies were today judged by Ms. Irina Poletaeva from Finland. I showed some dogs of Nina's and all of them got reserve-placements. So no BOB or BOS today. The breeder's group was BOB-BREEDER though! We naturally stayed for the finals and I was asked to show an american akita there. I was really honored and this Inuline Nut Flush "Ukko" got BIG-3 under judge Natalia Nekrosiene!! Congrats to Ukko's owners and breeder! :)

We presented the beardies breeding group in the finals and as yesterday, kennel Memorylane placed as RESERVE-BIS BREEDER under judge Otto Krcal! Congrats once again!! ♥

RES.BIS-BREEDER - kennel Memorylane in pink!
© TEXTerri

So the crazy weekend was over and we left home. Nina gave me a ride all the way home - thanks for that, really appreciate it! Looking forward to the next adventures ;)

See ya later!

♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment