Monday, April 16, 2012

Bothniahall calls: Vaasa INT show!

Whoopee, doopee; here again!

Back home after Vaasa INT show on Saturday :-) Skipped school on Friday and headed up to western Finland and Vaasa city! We had a 5-hour drive up there, together with Arita and Kirsi and were in Vaasa around 6 pm. We had a nice stay at the hotel and went for dinner in the evening and so on. In the morning I woke up at 7 and headed for a yummy breakfast - I just love hotel breakfasts! After this I packed my stuff and we drove to Botniahallen were the show would be in.

The day started with havaneses. I'd promised to help out with havaneses and so I did. I really can't remember which dogs I showed, but all of them got EXC. At the end of these 39 entered havaneses we showed a beautiful breeder's group (kennel Bellezza's) of havaneses. They won BOB-BREEDER and HP.

kennel Bellezza's BIS-4 BREEDER
© Alfafoto

After this I ran (yep, I do this a lot during the shows..haha) straight to the smooth collie ring where I would show the beautiful 1-year old youngster, Lubin’s In The Air Tonight "Iines" in her first junior class. We'd trained last night and she did really great, as she did in the ring now also! She's beautifully standing free, which makes me always so glad.. I think it made the judge glad too, because she won the junior class with EXC and CQ! The smooth collies were divided for two judges,  Zsolt Lokodi from Romania took the junior class and Arne Foss from Norway the rest, including BB, BM and BOB. Because of this, the competition of Best Bitch took place a lot later.

Showing Lubin’s In The Air Tonight "Iines", EXC/1 CQ & RES-CAC ♥   

The junior handling would start at about 12 o'clock and I stopped by the ring to say that I would come in as the last one. This was okay, and I thought: Great! I didn't have a dog at this moment.. I asked Nina Brusin if I could lend her american akita, which was okay, but her ring went just at the same time as the junior handling. I really wanted to compete with this dog, so I thought, that I could be there in time. Well, the last junior handler went to make her performance and I thought, shit, I have to take an another dog. I was just on my way to get the smooth collie I earlier showed and then - BEEP BEEP BEEP! This is a fire alarm, everyone needs to get out quickly! Well, what the hell?! All 3000 people and 1500 dogs started to get their way out... And of course, It was snowing slush as it hadn't done before... Oh my. The kind girl Sanna and her mother said that we could go and wait in their camper, thanks for that! We waited there a moment and saw people getting back inside. We heard that it was a "wrong call", someone had just in their anger knocked the fire alarm glass broken. So whoopee, thanks for that whoever you were... And as that wouldn't be enough, the fire alarm started ringing it's bells again, but this time nobody moved out.

Showing Lubin’s In The Air Tonight "Iines", EXC/1 CQ & RES-CAC ♥  
In this chaos the ring timetables were totally screwed up. It didn't go as planned and everything ended in a situation where I didn't make it in time for junior handling. I came to the ring when the judge already made her shortlist.. %&#/"¤&"¤ could describe my feeling at that moment. I should have just gone with whatever dog I would have got, but well, shit happens. Next time I'll manage in time ;)

Showing Lubin’s In The Air Tonight "Iines", EXC/1 CQ & RES-CAC ♥  
Well, as I didn't go junior handling, it was time for the smooth collies' Best Bitch-competition. The judge was different, so he took the junior class dogs who got CQ into the ring to take a better look. Apparently he also liked "Iines" because he made his shortlist out of about 10 dogs who've got CQ and "Iines" was still there. He asked to ran many times around the ring, and at the end "Iines" was BB "5" (we only place 4, but the judge told me she was the 5th)! He also gave her the RES. CAC! Wohoo! What a start in junior class for "Iines" ♥

Showing Memorylane Big Ben Jammin "Leevi" in BIS-VETERAN ♥   

It was already afternoon at this moment and the finals were approaching. Then they started, but late of course thanks to the fire alarm and some slow judges. For me, it was no big deal as my train would leave late anyway. I showed a 8-year old bearded collie Memorylane Big Ben Jammin "Leevi" in the BIS-VETERAN. He's such a nice (barking!) beardie :D We didn't get any placement. Thanks Nina for trusting him in my hands  ♥

Showing Memorylane Big Ben Jammin "Leevi" in BIS-VETERAN ♥  

The BIS-BREEDER came as next and I was still in the group of havaneses. I showed a cute little girl named "Melli". There were many breeder's groups and the judge made very quick her shortlist. We were very glad when we realized we were there! After this the judge asked every group to move around once and then the decision was made - she pointed out our group to the 4th place! Whoopee, we got BIS-4 BREEDER! Congrats to the owner, Aino-Inkeri Huurinainen!

Then it was already late and my train would leave in 30 minutes, so I quickly put all the stuff in my bag and then we drove to the railway station. My 5-hour trip home began.. It felt like 10 hours!

Today then I got mail! The information for Zadar 4xINT show came! Wohoo! It's only 1,5 week until we jump on the plain and go take over Croatia ;) Also the numbers came for next weekend's show, the speciality show for havaneses! :)

I'll write again soon!

♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment