Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Breeder or not?




Now that I will be 17 years old soon, I started to think about to take the Finnish Kennelclub's Breeding class, which you have to take if you want to ask for a "kennel name". In my case I have Ninja now, she's 19 months old and I've got requests about her puppies. I'm not a breeder, as it's not allowed to be here in Finland until you've reached a certain age. I want to have Ninja's puppies under a kennel name, not just "Adalmina" or "Jennifer" as their names.. So here I am, thinking of the breeding course.. I'm gonna go! I have my lovely Ninja and I want to be her puppies breeder.




Ninja when she was about 2 months old and Nelli as a proud mother

There's just the huge responsibility when you're a breeder. Find the right dog to mate your bitch with, your little baby girl that you wouldn't want anything to happen to. In this moment I haven't got any idea which dog I could consider. Then when/if the birth of the puppies have went well, there's the finding a good home to them-problem. How do you know, that the family will take good care and keep in touch with you? There are many things that you have to observe when you're a breeder. But when you have those lovely puppies in the world, that might be the best feeling ever? And when your own breeding wins at a show? That must be a winner-feeling for sure!

         

Ninja is Nelli's puppy, as Nelli was a co-owned dog with terms of breeding. She did have her litter in May 2010. That was when Ninja and her brother was born. Nelli is now only mine. I'm not planning to have a second litter on her, because of her knees, that takes too much strain when having puppies. She left awesome and beautiful puppies after her indeed. But when it comes to health, there's too much to risk!

Before she's going to have puppies, I want to take her to dogshows as much as possible. My goal is to get her some Champion-titles and also the international champion of beauty-title, C.I.B before that.

 

What I know, I will need much help from my breeder-friends, hopefully they're ready to give me some advice and help me with my dream. We'll see how this goes and if it goes as planned, Ninja will have puppies next year..:) 

♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment