Monday, March 19, 2012

Breeder's course - check!

Hello you! :)

Whoopee! Breeder's course - check & passed! Yey! :) Now just waiting 'till I turn 18 years old, which means almost a year, and then I can apply for my kennel name. And which would that be.. hmm. I have absolutely NO idea :( But hey, one year time to think.



baby-Ninja and Nelli the mother ♥ 

The course was pretty interesting. Okay, the most of it was kind of basic things, but I at least had no idea of mating and genes and all that stuff. So at least I learnt something! Now I should have the basic skills, but to succeed as a breeder I will need help and advice from experienced breeders. Also, of course; when you do, you learn. I think every dog owner should take that course, because it's basic information about dogs, not just for breeders, but to dog owners.

the whole family, Nelli (mother), Ninja (daughter) and Otto (father)

The biggest challenge for me will be finding the right dog to mate Ninja with. I do know what I want the offspring to be, but how do I achieve that and how do I find the right dog with the right pedigree..? That'll be a challenge.

That's the future, now I'm one step closer.

Last year in Lappeenranta with
american akita Inuline Keep Honest "Vanilla"

And oh yeah, the time when there's a dogshow for every weekend is coming closer! It starts on Easter, 8-9.4 with Lappeenranta NAT show. And then there'll be no end until September. So bye, free weekends! :D

Ninja BOS & CAC at 11 months old in Lappeenranta last year,
the breeders group "Tirhan" was also shortlisted to top-6 in BIS-BREEDER

♥ Hilde ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment